Not so familiar view.

Towards the left one of original Dining Room window openings (Music Room post 1956) is still blocked with yellow bricks.The boarded up doorway just to the left of the ladder was the entrance (corridor) to the 1956 new Dining Room addition which has now been demolished (this corridor was the Butlers Pantry pre1956). The opening behind the ladder will be for the restored window for what was a dormitory prior to 1956 (common staff room post 1956). The fellow with the blue shirt is restoring brickwork to the rear of the boot room.

Return